Due to a lackluster April for the Wedge, the Newport leg of the Pirate Skim Tour has been cancelled and contestants are automatically registered into a future leg of their choosing.
Also note that the Outer Banks event has been moved to July to coincide with the UST event.
The Pirate Skim Tour is a video based Skimboarding contest with a 1 month waiting period at each of the four locations listed above. There will be specific film days based on the forecast and availability of filmers, and contestants can also film there own sessions at the time and place they choose within the parameters described below.
Rules for July/OBX event
- All entries must be payed by the 1st of July.
- Each of the top 3 waves submitted by each entrant will receive a score 1-10 based on standard judging criteria. The 3 entrants with the highest cumulative points for each category (Am and Pro) will win a portion of the total purse for this leg of the tour.
- Preliminary judging will be done by MOV and trusted consultants. If no clear winner exists, group voting on Instagram will decide the finalists.
- There will be scheduled dates for filming at certain locations, but entrants have the option to submit their own clips with the following restrictions: A) Any clip submitted must be filmed between July 1st and July 31st 2023 within the Outer Banks of North Carolina. If questioned, proof will need to be provided. B) Clips must be filmed in a horizontal format and a minimum of 720p quality. C) By submitting a clip, entrants agree to the clip being used by MOV in any media products related to the tour.
- Clips can be submitted by emailing directly or uploading to Wetransfer.com and sending the download link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If not enough contestable days go by in the given time period, additional time may be given.
Entry fees for April/Newport are:
Pro: $100 PAY
Am: $50 PAY
Registration can be payed by clicking the links above or via Venmo. Message MOV on Instagram for Venmo instructions